Friday, August 16, 2013

I'm back. I'm going to start with movies. The Top 100 Movies of all Time! These are not the Academy Award winners, the blockbusters with big name actors, these are simply the most enjoyable movies of all time. There will be no Godfather here, with Marlon Brando mumbling so bad no one can honestly tell me they understood a word he said.
    What I look for in a movie first is "good writing." Yes, whether or not it's written well is a matter of opinion, but if all the actors do is curse, the writing sucks! I look for great minor parts, because if the minor roles are skimmed over, so are the major ones. I also look for movies that don't have the same writer and director. There will be no Woody Allen movies in my top 100. None! A great movie is usually a collaborative effort. It takes more than one person, as a rule. Now, having said that, I do have a few movies with the same director and writer, but there aren't many. At least I don't think there are. And one other thing I look for is humor in the dramatic movies and drama in the comedies. Ya got to have a little bit of everything, I say.
    All right! let's start the countdown. Number 100 is . . . The Kid. Yes. A Bruce Willis movie, and not a bad one either. I laughed, I cried. I marveled. They swept me away. I could identify with both roles. I did get beat up when I was a kid, and I longed to help my own kids keep from getting beat up. The movie had a different director and writer--Jon Turtletaub and Audrey Wells. And something strange--there isn't another movie done by either one I like. None. They got me on this one, though. How about minor characters? Well, anytime Lily Tomlin has a minor role, the minors are flat out gold.
 
   Let's keep going. Next will be the number 100 meal. Yay! Can't wait, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment